Diagnosis: Pneumonia

November was terrible. I’ve been in bad shape for almost a month now. Diagnosis: pneumonia.

Got some masks. Not taking any chances since my son was hospitalized in November 2015 with pneumonia and it was scary as hell. It’s probably too little too late, so now I’m worried I’ve infected my family. 🙁 For a while I had a gut feeling that something wasn’t right. I suspected pneumonia, this was like nothing I’ve ever felt before. There were a couple of days at work where I felt like I was not getting enough oxygen, there was pain on the left side of my chest, coughing, and I felt confused to the point where I wasn’t able to do basic math/money counting. I’ve never been a sick person (just the occasional cold), but 2017 has been an awful year for my health. First a chronic illness diagnosis in March, and now this. I feel absolutely terrible. I thought I felt a little relief from the chest pain and burning, but it still hurts and it still burns, to the point where I don’t think I’m improving even after antibiotics and steroids and an inhaler.

Friday after work Brandon came home with groceries specifically for me so he could take care of me all weekend because he’s finally got a whole two days off. He bought fancy bread and two cheeses for awesome grilled cheese, chunky chicken noodle soup and two other kinds of soups since he didn’t know what I was in the mood for. He also bought ice cream, and more cough syrup and tissues. He even remembered to move the Elf on the Shelf for Seth since I’ve been falling asleep super early the last week.

Not trying to brag. It’s just that sometimes I still don’t know how to handle that kind of love. He’s always doing that. Always. And, well, like I said… sometimes I’m just not used to it. I am a lucky girl, though.

The semester is almost over. I’m going to try and enjoy the holidays and focus on getting well.

My babies!

I’m not sure what made me want to purchase four succulents from etsy one day, but I am so glad I did. I’m really terrible at taking care of them, but I’m learning a lot. And despite looking a little crazy because of my neglect and lack of knowledge on how to keep them healthy, I think they’re beautiful.

I originally had four but had to sacrifice one because it was growing completely out of control due to lack of adequate sunlight. First I chopped off the head, let it dry out and then planted it. Then I took the leftover leaves from that one and some from a couple of the others and I am attempting to propagate. It seems to be going well even though I’ve had quite a few casualties. Some have started sprouting roots and leaves or both.

This is one leaf after three weeks.

And this is the same leave after 5 weeks. Definitely making some progress!


I’ve been wanting to make an update, but most of the time I find myself just staring at the screen, trying to figure out if there’s anything I’d like to share publicly. I’ve been really sick lately, so sick that I had to take a trip to the emergency room. If you know me, visiting the hospital is probably the last thing I ever want to do. But I am feeling SO much better since I was put on medication. Yay for science. I’ve been making a huge effort to take better care of my body. I watch what I eat, and now that I’ve got energy again, I’m working on exercising more. I wanna be skinny again! I’ve lost 20 lbs in the last few months. I’ve cut out sodas, fast food, and processed/frozen foods from my diet. I’m done with all of that. Changing my diet has been hard. I keep thinking about potatoes and pizza. My vices! I don’t have much else to talk about, so I’ll update again sometime soon.